Howard F. Pyfer Fund Guidelines
Thanks to the generosity of Howard F. Pyfer, MD, the Montgomery County Medical Society offers reimbursement for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits. Per the terms of Dr. Pyfer’s will, MCMS members under the age of 45 are eligible for a maximum reimbursement of five hundred ($500) dollars.
The following conditions apply:
- Reimbursement will be considered only for CME courses taken within the calendar year, January through December. The course must have been completed and application for reimbursement submitted before December 15 of the current calendar year.
- Reimbursement will be provided for post-graduate courses accredited by a recognized medical group only. Courses, which lead to certification, are not eligible for reimbursement. Tours and seminars sponsored through travel agencies and pharmaceutical firms, where in the educational component is incidental, will not qualify for consideration. Expenses incurred in subscribing to correspondence courses, and/or educational tapes, as well as self-assessment courses, will also not qualify
- Only tuition or registration cost and major transportation cost will be considered for
- Tuition / Registration should exclude: Meals, special events, golf outings,
- Major Transportation only includes airplane and/or train travel cost along with parking
- Verification of registration and proof of attendance must be provided. Photocopies of checks and original invoices must be submitted
- Physicians 45 years of age and over are not eligible.
- All decisions of the Pyfer Fund Committee approved by the Board shall be final.